Sept 15 - So many people to thank this week
2 MONTHS AGO
Midway through this whole crowdfunding thang, so important events happened to me.
1) I decided to become 100% confident in myself, instead of the 50% confidence I had at the start of the campaign
2) I decided I could be happy putting the news about Moneyland out there, even if nobody helped
3) I went ahead and backed myself (I think I picked up the phrased "Backing yourself / Backing ourselves" when I was watching the All Blacks interviewed after overcoming Argentina)
I backed myself like this:
- Composed a decent second group mailout after HOURS of collecting email addresses
- Put in a tonne of money from my already-stretched credit card to get the campaign to the symbolic level of 50%
- Put out media releases about achieving 50%, even when I was feeling sheepish about putting out those media releases
- Took every opportunity to talk proudly about the project at work, home, schools etc
- I gave really effusive, heartfelt thanks to every donor.
- I began the bare bones of a mailing list for young people reading the book
Those donors to thank, who have given everything from $5 to $200, are: Ashleigh al-Aziz, Gemma Keene, Kelly Stratford, Roman Zaytsev, Donna Blaber, Chevaun Nel, Nicola Day, Ryan Gibson, Tre Poutama, Hannah Lee, Jesse Gray, Anthony Killeen, Vivian Thonger, lil baby Lincoln Botur, Sally and Chris Botur.