MEANWHILE is an artist-run-initiative based on Willis St in Te
Whanganui-a-Tara. MEANWHILE is an art gallery, studio space, online
platform, and venue for public programmes and events.
Since July 2016, MEANWHILE has hosted over 36 projects and
worked with over 60 artists. We've hosted a range of public
programmes, book launches, fashion launches, screenings, gigs and
readings. MEANWHILE is home to 11 active studio artists.
We are self funded and 100% volunteer run.
We're looking forward to another year of exceptional exhibitions
and artist projects. With your support, we can make 2018 our best
year yet. We want to improve the gallery space, and improve the
resources we're able to offer artists and the arts community in Te
Whanganui-a-Tara and beyond.
With your support we can...
- Make a better, larger gallery space by knocking down a
- Ensure exhibiting artists continue to be paid
- Continue to provide drinks and food at exhibition openings
- Create a usable workspace for our facilitators and
- Purchase new lighting, paint, and a ladder
- Get new signage to help people find us
- Create more merchandise
Thank you so much!
The MEANWHILE team