14 MONTHS AGO
Greetings supporters of Daffodils!
From all of us at Bullet Heart Club, we wish you a happy and safe holiday.
We did it! Thanks to you and our match donor Dame Jenny Gibbs, we took Daffodils to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. We could not have done it without your boosted support.
From day one the team at the Traverse Theatre went out of their way to make us feel completely at home in the venue. We met some amazing international artists and our team of 9 (with a new life on the way with Steph 7 months pregnant) survived the madness in what is the biggest arts festival in the world.
Thanks to your generous support:
- Daffodils featured in the curated Traverse Theatre Festival programme on the mainstage (studio 1).
- We presented 21 performances to over 3,145 people from around the world.
- For 24 days Daffodils performed in rotation, alongside world-class productions from The Royal Shakespeare Company, The Gate Theatre Company and international legends Daniel Kitson and Mark Thomas.
- Daffodils received a major award. A Scotsman Fringe First for 'innovation and outstanding new writing'
- We gave a guest performance of Daffodils on BBC Radio with host Janice Forsyth
- A short selection of Daffodils was performed at the launch of Edinburgh Festivals Magazine in the Assembly Gardens
- Our team performed ‘Fall at your feet’ at the final Scotsman Awards ceremony, inside the Famous Spiegeltent
- Rochelle’s mother, the inspiration behind Daffodils, came to Edinburgh to see the show and was at the Fringe First awards ceremony.
Below is a photo of our team receiving the Fringe First with Linda Crooks of the Traverse.
The Edinburgh expereince was a rollar coster ride that will stay with us for a lifetime.
We hope we made you proud!
Xoxo Bullet Heart Club